A very easy recipe that doesn’t take much time at all. I don’t really use measurement so I leave it to your choice 🙂
baby potatoes, onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies, red chillies, tamarind pulp. khus khus, fenugreek, caraway seeds, coriander power, cumin powder, aamchur, chat masala, mustard oil
Lets get crackin shall we?
- What I did was half boil the potatoes in salt water so they are not all squishy squashy (abt 3-4 whistles in a small cooker). Keep that aside…
- Make a paste of onion, garlic, ginger, green chillies, red chillies, tamarind pulp, salt, khus khus (poppy seeds), fenugreek, caraway seeds (ajwain), coriander powder, cumin powder. The consistency can be a little lighter than cake batter.
- Take a pan and pour a little oil ( Your choice of oil. I use mustard oil for that pungent smell and flavor) and start frying the paste till the raw smell of the ingredients are gone and it starts browning.
- Throw in the potato and toss them about till they are evenly coated and leave them covered for 10 mins in minimum. Make sure u keep an eye on them occasionally during this 10 mins so we don’t get charcoal. That’s not exactly nice to taste is it now? (no I haven’t tasted them either).
- When serving squeeze some lime and top with fresh coriander leaves.
Linked to ABC Wednesday(R) with Real quick Recipes…