Here is a easy peasy recipe for a quesadilla right in your casa. All it involves are
Chicken breasts (or any boneless chicken)
Finely diced tomatoes
finely chopped ginger and garlic
Birds eye Chillies (as per your heat capacity)
Grated Mozeralla and Cheddar cheese
Let’s get it to shall we?
Starting with the Chicken Fajita…..
- Cut the chicken into really thin strips
- Marinate with a pinch of salt, vinegar and the birds eye chilli.
- Put about 2 tbsps of sesame oil in a saucepan and fry the strips till it is 75% done. Keep that aside.
- Shred the veggies (except tomato of course) thinly in a processor if you have it or if you performing cutting tricks like me do it with a knife 😀
- Blanch it in hot water and shock it in cold water for bringing out the color
- In the same saucepan fry these veggies adding a bit more oil. I like mine crisp and only slightly cooked so I almost immediately add the chicken strip once I toss the veggies 2-3 times in high flame. I timed both individually in such a way that when I add both of them they got cooked exactly how I wanted.
For the parathas (yeah thats all it is 🙂 )
- Ask mom/wife (or both in my case) to make it and preferably triangle shaped!! (oh you were looking for a recipe?? Hah)
Ok next for the completed quesadilla
- Take a tawa add some oil (any choice) and roast one side of the parata till it is a little crisp. Don’t turn it over
- Spread some cheese on the paratha (the more the merrier)
- Take some chicken fajita and spread it on the paratha evenly
- Add the cheese again and cover it with another paratha. Let it be till the first side is fully crisp.
- Turn the paratha over carefully and crisp the other side.
Hey gringo your quesadilla is ready and yes the tequila can wait. Ole !!!!!
I thought of adding an egg as well but lets not over do it now…….
PS…………. It makes a good veg filling without the chicken and potato/paneer/soya nuggets can be added as replacement…
PSS -If you avoid the cheese you might not make the parathas stick to each other so let some cheese be there.