Musical Nostalgia with food and drinks – Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (CCBB) is one of my favourite movies. A fantastic story about a jalopy that floats and flies and the riders adventures in a fantastic land. With splendid songs, the name of this gastro pup stirred up quite a few fond memories of my childhood.
Here is a fun song from the movie
Zooming to the present, the place looks inviting with a good seating and well used space. Located on the 4th Floor terrace, the view of the city is good too. They also had a live band playing some amazing songs from classic rock to blues
After the introductions to the management we ordered our cocktails. I went in for Hot City while the others ordered the namesake CCBB which came in a coconut shell. It was a bit too sweet for my liking but the flavor was balanced. The hotcity had a beautiful balance of sweet and heat and left a lingering taste. If you like spicy cocktails, this should be your choice. There was also some others call Old Man and a weird one made with milk maid… Not my cup of tea. A sangria too was thrown into all of this
CCBB offers some excellent starters and I could find not fault with any of them.
- Spinach Empanada – A lovely crispy shell with spinach inside. The dip was just right to compliment the empanada without spoiling the taste
3. Chicken Bang Bang – One of my favourites, it had the right spice to tingle the taste buds.
5. Pondy Beef- A lovely lovely offering with succulent beef steak pieces. The spice was just right and a lovely finger food with the drinks. My recommendation
6. Tempura Prawn – Can’t go wrong with that one either… A simple lovely dish with a lovely flavorful dip
After a round of draught beer, for the main course we had
- Beetroot risotto – A beautiful preparation in both taste and looks
3. Chicken Lasagna – A classic dish made right
By this time we were stuffed but its not over till dessert !!
- Sundae Brownie – A regular brownie with chocolate presented well
2. Blueberry Cheese cake – Again a regular offering but I like blueberry cheesecake so there
Overall a place worth checking out.
Food – 4/5
Service – NA (it was an invite so the service was indeed impeccable
Ambience – 4/5
Find them on Zomato