Ah it’s been a while since I posted. Well it was a busy time with work and other nefarious activities hijacking my blogging time. When I saw the Blog adda mail for blogging about Tata Motors Bolt and its features I just had to do it. My eyes are already hooked to Tata Zest and Tata Bolt which seems a bit classy from the usual mundane Tata offerings.
I have a Tata Indigo CS diesel variant which I am pretty happy with in terms of space and mileage. It has been a good companion for 4 years now.
The Tata BOLT
Aesthetics and Interiors
At first glance it seemed pretty cool in this vivid red avatar also called venetian red. I have always had this complain about our desi Tata vehicles that their finishing is not as classy as the other phoren companiyan. With these two models Zest and Bolt they seem to have taken first step in improving that area. Interiors obviously very few even comes close to giving value for money in terms of leg space and sitting comfort. The seats also were quite quite comfortable
The dashboard has a completely stylized feel which I liked. It’s a pleasant change from all of its previous offerings.
The Bolt also comes with a floating roof which could be customized into a sun roof with manual or automated sliding !! Now how cool (or hot?) is that !
The headlamps are smoked projected and also has LED take me home lights. T ahe boot is pretty large to boot as well ! With foldable rear seats this can be expanded further (nothing new, all cars have it). The top end comes with alloy wheels too. The flame shaped tail lamps gives it a pleasing look
Specifications and performance
The Revotron is being toted by the company as its new radical offering to the public for the petrol variant. This engine also features in the Zest as well. The diesel continues to have the Quadrajet. With a 1.2L (1193 to be exact) engine and 90PS with 140 NM torque this seems like an excited pony ready to sprint away with a light tap. The diesel comes with 75 PS and 190 NM torque.
With three new riding modes Eco (default), City and Sport, the car can turn into a docile goat or a sprinting animal at the click of the button. The company claim for mileage for each of the modes with AC are
Eco – 17.8 kms/lt , City – 16kms/lt and Sports – 13kms/lt. The handling was pretty good (not that I ripped since that’s not really possible in Bangalore) and overall the car is very friendly with good balance and the required burst of speed in the sports mode.
Ah yes what are we without our reliance on comfort eh. Here are a few of the ones that we seem interesting.
1. Automatic Climate Control – Voice controlled Climate Control as well a touch screen control
2. Navigation – Harman touchscreen infotainment to which smartphones and other GPS units can be connected for navigation. The software is preloaded and once you change your phone or unit you will have to transfer the facility to a new unit by calling the customer care
3. Messages – Read your sms from your smartphones. Also voice controlled
4. EPAS (Electric Power Assisted Steering)
5. While overtaking most drivers apparently forget to turn off their indicators. So this vehicle has a feature to blink three times and turn off automatically. If I have to pay money for this nahhhh I always remember to switch off my indicator. For the jerks who don’t use indicators, this point is moot.
6. The voice control also lets you change tracks and take calls as you drive (Disclaimer – talking on mobile phone is still dangerous while driving however cool technology is)
7. The driver information system has the usual odometer, fuel gauge, ambient temperature yada yada yada. What I find interesting is the Instantaneous average fuel efficiency, distance to empty (oh I really need this one since mine is usually running on fumes 🙂 )
8. Steering controls also lets u change tracks and take calls.
Dimensions A 165 mm ground clearance should avoid most of the under crunch on speed breakers. With an overall 3825 mm its not exactly a small car eh….
Safety – The vehicle comes packed with some pretty heavy security features like ABS with EBD (electronic breakforce distribution) and CSC (Corner stability Control), Dual Front Airbags, speed sesding auto locks on all doors. There is a rear screen wiper given as well
For the laymen who do not know what EBD is click here and for CSC click here
That wraps up my thoughts about Bolt (and in some ways the Tata Zest as well since both of them have the same features except the rear wipers).
If any of you have tried the car let me know your thoughts as well.
Part of ABC Wednesday (C) . with Cars. For more memes click here
This post is a part of the Get. Set. Bolt. activity at BlogAdda