Chefactory – Biryani and kababs Ahoy
#phenomenalworld #phenomenaltastes #Chefactory
** Click on images for full resolution**
Was invited by a friend for a dinner meetup at Chefactory. Since my better half is away, what more better to get your food fix without having to make anything?
It’s a small outlet on the Outer Ring Road. I walked in with a friend around 9:00 pm. Considering the seating, the outlet had a decent crowd on a Wednesday. Quite a lot of takeaways though. They do have sit-outs as well but the weather wasn’t too inclined to allow that. The same group runs Flechazo which is a more famous cousin.
So after a short tour of their facility we got down to start belting and belting it sure was. Starting with Raw Pressury Guava and Sugarcane juice.
The sugarcane juice was exactly like the refreshing road side ones with hint of lemon and ginger. Guava was a liquefied version of having spiced guava with the mixture of salt and chilli powder. Lovely drinks both and should be a manna from heaven on a hot sunny day. Lets head to the list of food we tasted and ones I liked
- Navratan Seekh Roll – A veg dish, this was brilliant with a light wrapping which had veg seekh. As the name suggests, the seekh had ample dry fruits to keep it rich and the sauce had a lovely flavor of mustard which provided the pungency. Though the sauce quantity was perfect for me, I would suggest that they serve with an extra on the side for those sauce fanatics. People who like flavor of mustard would love this. It brought on my kolkata romance mode right on. Must try for vegetarians
- Murg Peri Peri Tikka – I loved this one for the flavors. Extremely well made succulent chicken chunks. Good spiced masalas that teases the taste buds. The name peri peri is an overkill though. These days the concept of peri peri has been beaten to death without the actual use of peri peri. I would say it is a good tikka but peri peri? No.
- Paneer Adraki – I generally don’t eat paneer as it does not absorb the flavors of its masalas. This was one of the good days when the paneer tasted better than most. The hints of ginger could have been a little more but the masala was decent. A good choice for vegetarians
- Mutton Seekh – Average dish, it could have been a little more succulent and juicy with a little more basting. A perfect seekh means it melts in your mouth without having to bite it and this ain’t it. A little more work perhaps
- Murg Lasooni – Good garlicky flavor but a tad dry. A little more basting and a two minutes out of the tandoor earlier and this will make a rollicking dish
- Tangri – Absolutely beautiful. Perfect masala and cooked perfectly. With perfect flavors of indian spices coming through. this is one of the highlights of this place. The smokiness of the chilli is spot on. A must try dish for non vegetarians
- Indonesian Mushroom – another highlight of this place. Lovely bold flavors coming through. A tad on the spicy side which I love. Beautifully cooked mushroom. It is very easy to over-cook mushroom especially in a tandoor. They got this perfectly right, Must try for vegetarians.
- Murg Dum Biryani – Decent biryani. Strikes home. Nothing to complain about. Though I prefer red meat to fowl I rather liked this biryani compared to the mutton. I mean it strictly by the masala on the rice which was more fun
- Gosht Dum Biryani – The mutton chunks were absolutely spot on. Succulent and good marination. The rice could have been a little more bright like the chicken biryani with more fun flavors. A utopian combination would be the rice from the chicken biryani with the mutton pieces.
- Gulab Jamun – Average
It’s a relatively new setup so they have miles to go. There is no play on food and subtle teases to the senses. This is good old fashioned filling meals. Overall a good place for a quick bite on a decent budget. It’s a good choice for offices around and they do cater to corporates. Wastage is usually negligible which is a good thing.
Ending with my favourites
Navratan seekh Roll(V), Chicken Peri Peri tikka, Tangri Kabab, Indonesian Mushroom(V), Murg Dum Biryani
Service – NA (On invite)
Value for Money 3.5/5
Linked to ABC Wednesday (V) with Variety of Food