Lose the Sugars but eat it too – Diabetic Food Walk by Brittania NutriChoice Essentials
#invite #fitternity #burrp #nutrichoiceessentials #desserttrail #diaBEATit
Diabetes especially type two has become very very common with most leading a sedentary life with irregular eating times and things to eat (I stand guilty as well). Especially worrying is the trend in children. The diabetic food trail was founded by Seema Pinto and Manoj Pinto. The main premise about this is to show that Diabetes can be controlled through food.
I was part of an interesting food event which was exclusively about diabetes and sugars and of course dessert !! Sounds too good to be true?. We covered 4 top restaurants as part of this dessert trail.
Pitstop#1 Fava/Caperberry… UB City
FAVA restaurant served us two of their scrumptious desserts
- Callebaut Belgian Dark Chocolate Sorbet with fresh fruits
- Fresh ricotta and red grape timbale with Nutricoice cookie crumble and honey
CAPERBERRY also served their absolutely sinful desserts
- Pannacotta (eggless and sugar free) with Orange compote, Vanilla sauce and crunchy Tuile
- Sugar-free Belgian Chocolate Decadence with NutriChoice Essentials Oats Cookie crumble and berries
Stevia is used which is a natural form of sugar instead of the regular sugarfree product. The sugar free monstrosities cause more harm than good.
My favourite among this was the Belgian dark chocolate sorbet and the pannacota. We had fun trying to make it wiggle and jiggle !!
Find Fava and Capeberry here. Apart from dessert they are the best in terms of Mediterranean food
Pitstop # 2 – Smallys Restocafe
- No bake muesli cheesecake with nutrichoice essential cookies
- Twisted ragi choco cake with nutrichoice ragi cookies
The no bake muesli cheesecake was excellent!! Twisted Ragi cake was a little heavy for me, what with all the desserts we had before. However the taste and flavors was spot on.
For some excellent food head to Smalleys and then end with the desserts 🙂
Find Smalleys on Zomato
Pitstop # 3 Ritz Carlton
- Apple Plum Strudel
- Blueberry mint parfait with cookies (yep nutrichoice it is)
- Apricot cranberry cupcakes with cookies
This was fun as we got a live demo of the chef making the cupcakes. The cakes were a little dense in terms of consistency but tasty. Ritz Carlton needs no introduction when it comes to delectable food.
I chose to stop with that but the rest continued with a fitness bootcamp by Fitternity at Tribe Fitness Indranagar
Find them on Zomato
So diabetes is not a disease just a disorder and it can be controlled by proper food management (this is also a note for myself 😉 )