Samsung S4 is Dangerous to Life

SHARE if you like what you see

pravin battery1 As part of Wednesday(S) here is a Scary experience with Samsung S4 Smartphones. Enough S I guess…………..

I had a very narrow escape with my Samsung S4 . I felt my Samsung S4 grow very hot especially on the back panel just above the battery. I immediately opened the back panel and put the battery on the table. It exploded right in front of my eyes spewing smoke resulting in a fire alarm in my office building. The room could not be entered for a while due to the toxic fumes. It was horrifying to see it expanding like a balloon and then start spewing the smoke all around. I feel really lucky to have escaped and that the battery was away from the phone otherwise the results could have been catastrophic. If the phone was in my pocket (where I usually put it)  I cant even imagine what would the result of that have been.

Look at state of the battery which ate through my wooden office table leaving a permanent mark on the surface. What chance does human skin stand in this situation?The phone was not even getting charged nor was it over charged and not connected to any wires or charger at this point.

These phones are dangerous and are a hazard to life. I hope that there is a recall of these particular batteries and Samsung is more careful about what kind of products they bring out in the market.. …………..

Such random things can leave you shocked about being too complacent or confident on branded products. You never know when one might blow up in ur face.

A  similar incident apparently happened with a Samsung S3 in UK with a  teenager who got third degree burns on her thighs and lost all sense of feeling on the affected part. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2359281/Exploding-Samsung-Galaxy-phone-leaves-teenager-degree-burns-smelling-like-burnt-pig.html

Some lessons I learnt from this episode

1. Men ………Never carry your phones in your pockets, you might lose your lineage.  Woman have it better atleast there is a handbag.

2. Those forwards about not talking when the phone is getting charged……..start taking it seriously

3. If u feel the phone getting hot please stop using it immediately.Talks can always resume later, the ears might not grow again. Keep the phone away and not on ur person as much as possible.

4. The smarter the phones, the more scary they wink out of existence. It’s much better if they just stop working isn’t it?

5. Now that I don’t have a mobile phone, my life hasn’t come to a stop. Ahh now to go buy another one 😉 Maybe I will go in for the dumb ones this time.

Here is another view of the expanded battery

1467332_10152034145911043_650768733_n

Latest update as of 20 Nov, 2013 on this fiasco, the company responded and has taken the set for analysis after taking pictures of the phone and battery from all angles. Had a bunch of people calling me up and promising me resolutions. Have been given an S2 as a standby till this is resolved. Lets c what happens next……………..

Samsung has agreed to replace my 6 months old S4 with a new one. However considering the circumstances I have agreed for a reimbursement of the amount since I will not use an S4 again !

For more links click here.

46 Comments Add yours

  1. Yeah! got the same thing with my Micromax device (Canvas HD) but it’s just manufacture defect!

  2. Good grief. This is really scary. Did you take it up with the manufacturer? What was their response?

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      their response as usual is at a sloth’s pace. Will take it up with the consumer court if they delay any further

  3. Boom & Gary says:

    Wow!! Thanks for the warning. Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

  4. pixie says:

    Such a scary incident!! And I use an S3!!
    I’m glad you are ok..

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      Whoa u need to be very careful as well

  5. Gosh, Pravin, I am glad that you are alright!!! Samsung’s not a mobile I will contemplate for a while!

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      Thnx Michelle

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      Indeed

  6. Karen says:

    Yikes! I don’t have a smartphone.

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      U r smarter than me at least in that case

  7. Yikes! Thanks for the warning.

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      Cant really say my pleasure now can I ? 🙂

  8. kalpana solsi says:

    smart phones can be dangerous too.

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      Extremely dangerous if it gets to smart I guess

  9. lesliebc says:

    I had no idea they could be that dangerous! I still have an old flip mobile phone and really never wanted a smart one. Maybe I’ve been smart to avoid them. Whew!

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      I feel flip phones are better too

  10. Marcy says:

    How scary…I am looking at my samsung with different eyes now… glad you weren’t hurt.

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      Yeah and if u put it in ur rear trouser pocket u r sitting on dynamite !! 🙂

  11. Shilpa Garg says:

    Gosh!! This is so scary and terrible!! Glad that you took the battery in the nick of time!

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      I feel lucky for that timely action

  12. photowannabe says:

    Now that is really scary. I’m glad you are okay, but my goodness the outcome could have been much worse.

    1. Meryl says:

      Scary AND nasty. You are very lucky and I appreciate the advice and heads-up! Good luck with the replacement.

      1. pravsphenomenon says:

        Yeah and I hope this remains in one piece

    2. pravsphenomenon says:

      Cant even imagine !

  13. That was quite scary. Now every time I see my phone which is a S3 i remember this!

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      The replacement they have given me is an S series as well. So following my own advice now 🙂

  14. The lineage part. spot on… men or women ya.. whether the battery explodes or keep the phone in those pockets..bound to happen 😛 😛 the shapes, sizes and sounds in which life lessons are learnt.. !

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      😀

  15. Joy says:

    Wow that is a walking time bomb. You had a lucky escape with your quick thinking.
    Joy – ABC Team

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      thnx and yeah walking “time” bomb is the apt word

  16. obsessivemom says:

    Gosh that’s scary. My Husband has the same phone.. Need to warn him off. Thanks for the post.

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      Yeah everything I see in a new light now

  17. Rebecca says:

    That is really scary! OMG!

    Happy Wordless Wednesday! My entry is here.

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      Yep a real life horror experience is quite different from reading or seeing it on media. Leaves you shaken

  18. menons129 says:

    Parvin, this is really scary. I too use Samsung s3 , which gets hot some times. I will get it checked. Thanks for sharing.

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      Stay the heck away if it gets too heated 🙂

  19. Wanda says:

    Oh my, I so thankful for my “dumb” phone… plan on keeping it!!

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      That would be a smart idea

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      Thnx for sharing

  20. Sandra says:

    Thanks for the warning and for posting on The Four Seasons Blog Hop!

  21. afshan18 says:

    My god this is really scary 😐
    We hav many samsungs used by many at home
    Now I am scared

    1. pravsphenomenon says:

      just stay aware and careful.

Leave a Reply